How are things in your emerging from COVID-times life? I am so happy to tell you that I got vaccinated and it is definitely a sense of relief. I wonder if people felt this way in the past for the polio or measles vaccines? Grateful for both ingenuity and hope!
I’ve been thinking about how we are all doing, collectively, globally…wondering what marks ‘going back to normal’ for folks. Kids in school? Hugging parents/grandparents? NOT working from home? I feel like it will be when we don’t have to wear masks anymore. Which I know is months and months away (here in Los Angeles). But man, I miss seeing people’s expressions. 😛
The newsletter has a little bit of everything this week! Hope you find a link or two that is interesting or helpful. 🙂
Ready for a few ideas for you (and your life) (and the world) to be just a little bit better? Here are 5 quick links to bring you a little joy, a chance to think or to provide a helpful tool to you in 5 (ish) minutes! 🙂
Hope in 5 (ish) : your weekly newsletter to make being human a little easier
- If you are in a point of transition in your life (I mean, we all kinda are in some ways), have you thought about what is working? Like, what about your life are you happy with? Check out this one minute daily review that provides two quick questions to help you evaluate where you are at and a practical way to IMPROVE upon it, no matter where you land each day on the happiness scale. I am intrigued by this and am going to add this to my morning pages (I mean, okay, technically I’ll think about it at night and then track how things are going.) Super interesting to consider the cumulative affect over time.
- Have you started a creative project recently? Or wished you could? I have to be honest, I’ve had a LOT less ‘doing nothing’ time then I had anticipated the past year…but something I DID do was discover the value of working in short bursts. Like 10 minutes at a time. This article about how to work creatively might be really useful to you if you do not have the luxury of 4 glorious uninterrupted hours to work on something you want to. 🙂
- Speaking of work, I ran across this photo journaling project of some of the ways people have been working from home around the world and it was kinda lovely to see how we are all in this together in different ways. Hasn’t this year been an interesting one for normalizing a lot of our humanity? Take a look and let me know which of these speak to you.
- Need to dust off your social skills? It’s not you-it’s me. Anyone else wondering how we are going to slide back into conversation that are not just, ‘How was your Covid year?’ or ‘Which one [vaccine] did you get?’
- And because I hate spending 45 minutes picking out a movie (though, I know some of you like that kind of thing *eyes spouse*), please peruse this list of the 100 best films on Netflix right now. I just shaved 30 minutes off that decision process for you. You’re welcome. 🙂