I love Jennifer Garner. And I love Girl Scout Cookies. And I love that the two are getting some good press about her helping her daughter sell cookies at a local grocery store! And because I love her and all Girl Scout Cookie Moms (and the cookies), I want to pass this VERY USEFUL tip along to them. Because, tbh, it’s the time of year that parents of Girl Scouts maybe kinda dread.
I’m not sure what’s worse: accosting friends and neighbors for sales (it’s just to close after everyone made New Year’s resolutions!) or the sloth-like speed of the eventual cookie dispersal and money collecting.
Omg. Just take my checkbook now and put me out of the tallying misery.
Let’s just say that it makes parents hate Girl Scout Cookie Season (which I’m pretty sure is un-American).
So when the Eldest was a Girl Scout, it only took me one season to dread it. Happily, I can be taught, though. And so the next year I came up with a BRILLIANT plan!
(insert evil cackle here)
We sat down with our Girl Scout and calmly stated that things had to change or she would not be selling cookies this year. Oh yes, imagine the pale, shocked face. As her little mouth opened in horror at the prospect of being the only girl in her troop to not be selling cookies, I slid a contract across the table with a sparkly blue pen.
To Jennifer and all Girl Scout Parents:
(Feel free to print this and use it with your own daughters. I’m pretty sure it’s legal and binding in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.)
Girl Scout Cookie Selling Agreement
I, (Daughter’s Name), promise with all my heart to make cookie selling a pleasant experience for myself and my beloved parents and family this year. By initialing below, I indicate my promise to:
1) Collect orders in an organized way (so I can read my order later and everything is accurate). ___
2) Only contact people I am able to get orders to in a timely manner. ___
3) Keep my paperwork where I can find it. ___
4) When cookies come in, I will immediately sort orders and begin delivery. ___
5) I will collect money with checks made out to my troop, NOT my beloved parents. ___
6) I will double check all math, as I know I will make up any difference in money or cookies. ___
7) I will work diligently to get orders to people and money from people within 1 week of when I get the orders.___
I agree that I will not be allowed to read (_ *or insert favorite activity*_) any day that I have not worked to the best of my ability to make the cookie selling and delivery season as smooth and painless on our family as possible. ___
I agree that I am responsible for all uncollected money and I will personally make up the difference from my allowance or by selling my personal belongings within 1 week of when I get the cookies. ___
I believe that cookies make the world a better place and that starts in my own home. ___